I am a high energy astrophysicist. I joined the Center for Cosmology and Particle Physics at the New York University and the Center for Computational Astrophysics at the Flatiron Institute in January, 2019.
I am currently investigating the origin of the ultra-high-energy cosmic-ray dipole anisotropy, the multi-messenger signatures of high energy cosmic accelerators and the role of cosmic-rays on the evolution of life.
I love teaching and I have taught students in both professional (applied physics) and research (fundamental physics) masters.
Black hole jets
- Central engine of relativistic jets associated with stellar and supermassive black holes
- Relativistic jets collimation mechanisms
Multi-messenger astroparticle physics
- Cosmic-ray spectrum and composition
- Multi-messenger probes of ultra-high energy cosmic-ray origin
- Propagation of ultra-high energy cosmic-rays in Galactic and extragalactic magnetic fields
- Acceleration processes in different astrophysical environments (at relativistic and non relativistic shocks)
Origin of the biological homochirality